Silverstone Circuit is located in England and it’s the current home of the British Grand Prix, first of which was held in 1948. Silverstone has changed the appearance several times, with current layouts being GP, National and International. It offers great racing and mostly high speed corners.
This asset is a pre-built cartoon style race track, and comes with many standalone objects you can use.
Basic workflow description:
You can assemble a complete race track within few minutes by dragging and dropping a set of prefabs into your scene. Those are:
* Base (road, grass, gravel, curbs)
* Walls and barriers
After placing the pre-built track components you can easily turn off some of them if you want to customize or optimize your scene.
I have made the grass, road, curbs, pavements and gravel traps as separate meshes. This way you can add different sound effects when car is driving over them. You can use your scripts and physics materials to make the grass mesh slippery, gravel traps to slow the car down etc.
Additionally, you can place individual objects to further change the appearance of the environment.
Here is the list of all available 3d objects you get with the track:
* 10 hot air baloons
* 3 small ad boxes for track side
* Large 3-sided sponsor banner
* 4 medium sized sponsor banners
* 2 wide banners for track name or sponsors
* 20 boards for different team names for garages
* 14 different tree types
* Tyre barrier, 2 diffrent color tyre stacks and 2 different color single tyres for track side
* 5 types of walls - short, long, with or without safety fences
* Turn warning sign
* Track crossing bridge
* Orange traffic cone
* 7 distance markers
* Start light set and pitlane exit light
* Garage building
* Lamp post
* Metal pole for turn warning signs
* Paddock building
* Pitwall (seats with tables for race engineers)
* Plastic block to use for track layouts
* Spectator seats - large and small
* White tent for mechanics or guests
* Safety blocks made of tyres
* 2 RVs.
What are the benefits of using this asset?
1. Ease of use. You don't have to spend hours sticking together straights and corners to make a race track. All you have to do is drag prefabs into an empty scene, and you have a cool looking cartoon track with road, grass, mountains, trees, garages, walls and everything else you might need. All what's left is to place your vehicle prefab and start testing.
2. Safety. If you have a scene with track built from separate elements, there is always possibility to corrupt the scene file, or run into compability issues after upgrading engine. If you lose your scene file, all your hard work is lost. With this pre-built modular asset, you will always have complete track after just a few minutes of work.
3. Separate objects. If you don't like the trackside object placement of default track, it's easy to turn off the elements, and place trees, walls, garages and everything else as you see fit. The limit is only your imagination.
You can view the Silverstone model in Sketchfab real-time 3D player below. If you are Unity engine user, click the yellow button below to visit Unity Asset Store to purchase/download this track.